From the beginning customer satisfaction has been a top priority for Amazon Business. This is the driving force behind the development and improvements of Amazon Web Services.
Creating a tool to meet Amazon’s high standards of security, flexibility, reliability, and the best user experience resulted in Amazon Connect, the AWS cloud contact center. What is AWS Connect? Can it work for you? Let’s take a closer look.
What is Amazon Connect?
Amazon Connect is an easy-to-use omnichannel cloud contact center that helps businesses of all sizes to provide superior customer service and engagement through effective and efficient voice and chat interaction.
Who is it made for?
For all companies that want to improve their customer service through a simple, scalable, and cost-efficient cloud-based solution.
Voice and Chat?
That’s Correct! With Amazon Connect you can create personalized experiences for your customers using omnichannel communications. You can dynamically offer chat and voice contact, based on such factors as customer preference and estimated wait times. Agents, meanwhile, conveniently handle all customers from just one interface.
Managers can also use the interface to assign and prioritize tasks for agents. Brands can also configure workflows to automate jobs that do not require agent interactions and allow them to attend to what really matters.
A Contact Flow sets each step a customer can make when they interact with the contact center.
A Contact Flow can be:
- Play a recorded announcement
- Ask the user a question
- Manage call recordings
- Transfer the call to another agent
Contact Flows also support text to speech with Amazon Polly, a service that turns text into lifelike speech or routes end-user calls according to agent skills, availability, and caller priority. The service assigns agents a routing profile to fit agent expertise to one or more call queues.
Amazon Connect integrates with other AWS services to harness the full power of automation and machine learning (ML). For example
- Contact Lens: helps you follow the sentiment and trends of customer conversations in real-time to identify crucial company and product feedback. You can also track the agent compliance of customer conversations in your contact center to ensure standard greetings and sign-offs are used, help train agents, and replicate successful interactions.
- Amazon Comprehend: a natural-language processing (NLP) service that uses machine learning to uncover valuable insights and connections in text.
- Amazon Lex: a fully managed artificial intelligence (AI) service with advanced natural language models to design, build, test, and deploy conversational interfaces for chatbots
Amazon Connect provides nearly 100 metrics in historical and real-time reports to help managers to monitor the contact center and agent performance.
Amazon Connect Pricing Model
Amazon Connect is a pay-as-you-go service. A fee is charged for every minute a customer is connected. There are no upfront fees or long-term commitments.
Amazon Connect is the evolution of traditional contact centers. It enhances the analytics and machine learning with all the benefits of the AWS Cloud: reliability, flexibility, scalability, user friendly, personalized, and with a pay-as-you-go pricing model
To learn if Amazon Connect is the right solution for you, rockITdata can help. Our experts will talk about your goals and how cloud solutions can help you.